Wednesday 21 September 2011

Twee Towers Tour // Rhi's Bedroom

Twee Towers Tour


Last but not least - time for a quick looksie round Rhi's room before we bring the Twee Towers Tour to a close.

Pretty, bright and fresh was the look I was going for... I've always had such cluttered busy spaces in the past, so for a change I wanted something much more minimal and simple. With bright colours and striking graphics, with sweet girly touches from beautiful throws and pillows and colour pop frames... My room is by no means finished yet, a few touches need adding and furniture makeovers (pine chest and bedside stool beware, you'll be meeting my good friend 'paint brush' very soon...) - and I'm saving for an Eames style chair to replace the archaic wicker one I've had forever... but hope you enjoy having a little nosey anyway...


IMG_0780
IMG_0777



The Dressing table, I keep some of my future reads on here to keep me excited about what I've got coming up next. 500 Days of Summer is one of my favourite films so the alternative graphic movie poster was one of my favourite Etsy finds. I painted the geometric triangles in watercolours a few weeks ago when little M and I were having an art day....



IMG_0779



Little M's Masterpiece... I'm not one of those Mama's who constantly brags and boasts about every single little thing their little one does... BUT, M is quite clearly an artistic genius...


IMG_0784


My beloved feature wall, I've never seen a prettier shade of orange. Makes me so happy every time I walk into my room. (say "Hello" to the boss, chilling on the end of my bed there!)


IMG_0785

Do you want to hear something slightly tragic? Ever since I left home at 18 I've been on a mission to find the perfect bedding, the search proved fruitless for nearly 5 years, until at long last, this summer I found the most beautiful white bedding with crochet detail in H&M! Dreamy! Etsy'd Chevron cushions break up the girlyness a little and the coral throw was a lucky TK Maxx score!


IMG_0786


The obligatory chevron print as runs the theme in Twee Towers. Alongside it a quote from my favourite song of all time, 'America' by Simon and Garfunkel and I photoshopped a classic Bridget Riley Op-Art piece from the 60s to tie in with the colours of the other prints.


IMG_0787


There are always books on my bedside stool, whatever my latest read is. I'm starting The Great Gatsby tonight. Ooh and I love my Laurence Llewelyn Bowen lampshade, I bought it about 6 years ago but its always tied into my homes no matter how they've been decorated!


sill


I'm responsible for about 99% of the decorative frames dotted about Twee Towers... Can't.stop.buying.them! The 2 pictures on display, pride of place on my window sill are of Little M at just 4 weeks old, dressed as a leopard (N'aw!) and one of my favourite pictures of my Daddy & I from when I was little. The sill also houses an array of trinkets I've collected over the years.


IMG_0789 IMG_0788


I was lucky enough to bagsy the room with the ensuite bathroom, I've not done anything exciting with it yet to be honest, just hung a picture from a Moomins book (love!) and put all my prettiest cosmetics and perfumes out on display!


Wardrobe copy


All that's left to show you is a sneaky peak in my closets! I have 2 and since ticking off the colour-coordination goal on our AW list I now have 2 incredibly organised 'Pastels and Lights' and 'Darks and Brights' closets. So I can easily choose from which ever hue happens to be taking my fancy that day.


Well... That's all for the Twee Towers Tours folks. Have you enjoyed them? We hope you have! Now that you've had a sneaky peak at all the nooks and cranny's we'll be starting some new features... and sharing some DIYs once while we try and add all those little finishing touches!


Much love sweets.

R&L xx

3 comments:

Zoe @ Pretty Zoo said...

Cute room! P.S. I LOVE that song too, and play it over and over. It always reminds me of Almost Famous xo

Anonymous said...

your entire room is just so pretty, i love your bed. especially those adorable cushions! xo

Sara said...

Omg these pictures are just amazing, I love them, amazing room, I especially like the third picture, great color combinations, nice selection! Your blog is lovely and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...