Friday 11 May 2012

Scotland - Family Fun!

Hey loves,

Little M & I had a really lovely relaxing time away in Ayr, Scotland. Little M had a most exciting time on his first ever plane journey ("WOW! I'm in the SKY!") - and despite both catching colds, we spent the week at parks, having picnics, going for ice cream and chilling at my Aunt and Uncles very cool flat and perusing their amazing collection of antiques in their pub!

It was a lovely trip down memory lane too - Ayr was a regular holiday haunt of my childhood - as my Dad was from Glasgow and all his family stayed up there, we always visited regularly, was reminiscing about our trips to Port Patrick (where I'd stand out on the pier and call out "Ariel! Are you there?" - huge Little Mermaid fan!) - and made me realise how much I have missed those long car journeys up with my dad (and listening to the 'Joseph' soundtrack. ha!) and I so miss spending so much quality time with my Aunt & Uncle - they visit through the year but it always feel so brief, and I hadn't been to Scotland myself for 6 years! We got to see a bit of family heritage passing my Great Grandpa's cottage, and hearing lots of stories of my Dad's childhood in Glasgow always makes me smile! Not to mention getting to catch up with one of my cousin's - I think the last time we saw each other we were about 11!

Here are a few pics from our adventures :) - hope you don't mind me getting holiday day snap happy!



IMG_3064
Travelling up



IMG_3179
Play park fun



IMG_3307
Totally acceptable to have a shot on the swings at 23 years old...



IMG_3475IMG_3476


IMG_3477


IMG_3479IMG_3474
Told you we spent a lot of time at parks...



IMG_3480
The stunning Rozelle house & Galleries - another happy childhood place. So intrigued by my Scottish heritage when I was younger, I developed quite an obsession with the works of Robert Burns and in particular the poem Tam O'Shanter - Rozelle Gallery has curated some stunning depictions of the famous ghostly poem!




IMG_3483


IMG_3484IMG_3482
'Sunny Scotland' indeed - the weather was glorious - I hear it was quite the opposite back in England while I was away!



IMG_3478
Myles taking in some culture in the 'McLaurin Gallery' within Rozelle



UntitledUntitled
The delightful tea room - with the BEST red velvet cake.



IMG_3274



IMG_3405
Did some tree climbing!

nb. The bear that keeps appearing throughout the pictures was sent on holiday with us by Little M's nursery - we were capturing his adventures along the way too!



IMG_3199IMG_3481
Homemade Scottish Tablet Ice Cream! Oh my! Picnic bags with Shakespeare quotes!



IMG_3308
Looking out to sea! So nice being near the coast! 



IMG_3320
Little M was treated to snazzy new shoes!



IMG_3488
Just a small part of just one of my Aunt & Uncles book cases! SO MANY BOOKS! Heaven! Had lots of fun looking through these 60s penguin paper backs! They also have a vast collection of leather bound classics - my Aunt has agreed to open a 'library' for us to borrow some of her fab books! Yay!



IMG_3206IMG_3492
IMG_3491IMG_3493
Antiques in the pub! There wasn't enough light to take pictures of the camera collection - more than 30 vintage cameras - amazing!



IMG_3487
My Great Grandmother's silver tea set!



IMG_3489IMG_3490
Books! The Sagan novels the first loan from my Aunt's Library - love the covers! Next on the list are these Roald Dahl books for 'grown ups' - that we hear are rather risque! 



IMG_3485
Another lovely thing was looking through old family photographs - I don't remember ever seeing this picture of my Mama and Dad. Aw.

That's my lot - can't wait for another trip and catching up with more family and friends!

Much love,
Rhi xx

3 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you had fun! That red velvet cake looks so yummy & little M's shoes are the cutest! xo

shipandanchor138 said...

Ugh Renaldo's ice cream! So good. How muh does your mum look like you, especially with her fab hair! x

Mishi Rowland said...

- I have read many blogs yet, but your style is so impressive to me. I would come again to give a boost to my skills through the knowledge you provide us in your blogs. Hats off for your superb writings.womens fashion supplier

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...